Need some last-minute Halloween recipes for your kids’ school parties?
Try these great Halloween treats. They not only taste great, they pack a super nutritional punch, too.
For kids Halloween parties, I like to serve orange and black foods to get them in the mood. Surprisingly, there are lots of healthy choices, like:
- Sweet potato chips
- Black bean dip with orange pepper slices
- Monster eye balls (top 1-inch carrot stubs with a 1/2 tsp. cream cheese and half of a pitted black olive)
- Pumpkin tea sandwiches (spread 3 slices of low fat pumpkin bread with 2 Tbsp. whipped cream cheese each, top with 3 more slices of pumpkin bread, and cut into four bite-sized sandwiches)
- Chocolate peanut butter tea sandwiches on pumpkin bread (same recipe as above using dark chocolate peanut butter instead of whipped cream cheese)
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- Mango salsa served with black bean tortilla chips